Siding Newport News
Vinyl siding offers the look of real wood without all the upkeep. Covering the exterior of your house with a premium vinyl siding can dramatically increase the value of your home while reducing yearly maintenance and energy bills. Tidewater Virginia families frequently find vinyl siding to be the ideal choice for their climate.
- Made to look like real wood: Choosing vinyl also frees you from the costs associated with repainting and wood repair, since vinyl will never rot or flake and is impervious to insects.
- Offering a variety of colors & styles: Straight & dutchlap are the most popular styles, in 4.5" to 5" laps.
Our Siding Services
Get tips and ideas from our blogger, The Exterior Enthusiast:
Virginia Beach Vinyl Siding
Vinyl siding offers the look of real wood without all the upkeep. Covering the exterior of your house with a premium vinyl siding can dramatically increase the value of your home while reducing yearly maintenance and energy bills. Tidewater Virginia families frequently find vinyl siding to be the ideal choice for their climate. Choosing vinyl siding also frees you from the costs associated with repainting and wood repair, since vinyl will never rot or flake and is impervious to insects.
Straight & dutchlap are the most popular styles of vinyl siding, in 4.5" to 5" laps. We offer a wide variety of sizes and styles, with many color options—we have swatches!
Specialty Siding Installation
A distinctive look for your home
These styles are wonderful to combine with standard straight siding. Vinyl cedar shake has a look that brings to life the tradition of real cedar—especially popular on beach houses. Half round siding is commonly used as an accent—particularly on gables. They make an ideal choice for historic (or historic-style) homes.
Cedar Shake - Straight
Cedar Shake - Rough
HardiePlank siding is James Hardie’s lap siding product. As the company’s best-selling product, HardiePlank is designed to withstand any kind of weather, even boasting of better durability compared to most traditional masonry products in humid climates.
Another HardiePlank advantage is that it comes in a range of colors and textures to provide plenty of design options for homeowners to consider. The siding comes primed or with baked-on color through James Hardie’s ColorPlus Technology.
HardiePlank lap siding textures include:
- Select Cedarmill – Features a natural cedar look that mimics the soft texture of wood best installed on historic homes, ranch houses, mountain chalets, and woodsy retreats
- Smooth – Comes with a clean, simple look ideal for breezy coastal homes or ranch-style properties
- Beaded Cedarmill – Highlighting a look inspired by coastal communities along the Eastern seaboard, it works great on bungalows, cottages, and homes with lots of personality
- Beaded Smooth – A smooth, modern board with a beaded edge, it is perfect for properties that want to combine traditional and modern themes
Upgrade to insulated!
Insulated siding improves energy efficiency, helping your home stay cool in summer and warm in winter. Most exterior walls have insulation in between the wall studs, but allow significant energy loss through the studs themselves. Wall studs, both wood and metal, allow heat to pass through them.
Since studs represent up to 25% of the wall surface of an average home, it's like having an entire exterior wall with no insulation at all! Insulated siding is simply a smart investment.
Vinyl Siding Repair
Siding doesn't often require repair . . .
. . . but when it does, we know just how to fix it! From minor cracks to major replacements, the contractors at Quality Built Exteriors are your siding repair experts!